Football season is here! This means a few things:
- I am busy every Sunday until some time in January (or February!)
- I will host at least 10-20 people in my home during that 5 month span.
- They will undoubtedly be hungry.
One of my duties is to feed these people. What can I possible make that's easy and can be done ahead of time, tasty, and requires minimal clean up? That’s where this Godsend of a recipe comes in! It can be prepped the night before and all you have to do is pop it in the oven for about 45 minutes (and you look like the most gracious host ever)!
I found this beautiful loaf of white chocolate, coconut sourdough bread at the Farmer’s Market that just added such a unique flavor to this dish. Don’t worry though, it is equally delicious with regular sourdough or even french bread!
- 1 Loaf of Sourdough Bread, French Bread, or Texas Toast
- 8 eggs
- 2 Cups of Milk (I used 2%)
- 1/2 cup of Half and Half
- 1/2 cup Sugar*
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar*
- 2 Tablespoons Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1/2 cup Firmly Packed Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- ½ cup of shredded coconut
- ¼ cup of pecan pieces
- 1 stick Cold Butter, Cut Into Pieces
Warm Syrup, For Serving
Butter, For Serving
* If you find a loaf of specialty bread, use half of the sugar recommended