It's time for those last minute gifts for the kiddos (if you have yet to start buying gifts)! If you’re like me, you have NO CLUE what to get them. In the past years, it has been me at Toys R Us at midnight on Christmas Eve. The store is so run through, it looks post apocalypse. I'm running through the isles, trying to remember what my kid pointed to at the tv and told me they wanted. Can any other parent relate?!
Well, this year I am here to save the day! I asked my girls what the hot Christmas items were. They gave me the low-down and I am here to pass it on to you!
Here are the Trufant girls’ 12 Gifts of Christmas (one thrown in from yours truly)!
1. HATCHIMALS! Hands down, the most popular toy of the season! (I have no heavenly clue what this is, but I know every kid wants it)! They are selling them online for astronomical prices, (up to $300.00) but you can find them at Target for about $60.00). Make sure to call the stores before you go in, to make sure they have them in stock!
2. Shopkins! These little tiny toys are tiny pains in my butt, but the girls love them! You can find them almost anywhere! I saw some really cute ones in Claire's over the weekend that came in super cute packaging! They range in price from $7.00 to $30.00, depending on how elaborate you want to go!
3. Zoomer Meowzies Interactive Kitten! They are super cute and fun for the kids to interact with, (if you can figure out all their cues). What's super cool about them, is if you have two or more, the kittens will talk to each other, tell secrets and laugh. They cost about $25.00 to $35.00 per kitten.
4. American Girl Doll! If your child has been super nice this year and you don't mind breaking the bank, American Girl dolls are always a super special Christmas gift. They have endless accessories and you can even customize them to look like your precious girl! I do recommend buying a knock-off on Amazon or in other toy stores, (if they are young enough, they will never know the difference)! The authentic ones, depending on the doll, range from $60.00 to $180.00! The knock-off's are anywhere from $20.00 to $60.00!
5. Journals with lock and key! I had one as a girl and wrote in it daily! You can find them almost anywhere. If you want a more fancy one, Justice and Claire's have some pretty cool ones that light up and all! Those range in price from $5.00 to $20.00.
6. Trolls! I remember being obsessed with trolls and now they're back! The cute little dolls and troll accessories can be found in many toy stores and I saw some cute ones in Claire's! They range in price and get as expensive as $50.00! You gotta be trollin’ me!
7. Selfie Mic Music Set! Ummm, hello! Greatest invention ever! You attach your phone to the selfie stick which has a mic attached to it. You choose a song and shoot your own personal video! My oldest daughter is dying for this one! Toys R Us, Amazon and other stores all sell them. They go for $19.99 each!
8. Pie Face Game! This game is hilarious! Want to live out your dreams watching your kids get slapped in the face with whipped cream? Spin the dial, crank the nozzle and hope you don't get CREAMED! Super easy to play and super fun… but, super messy. This game is sold online and in many stores for about $19.00.
9. THIS IS MY PICK FOR A MUST-HAVE GIFT! If you have an older child that has an iPad or a cell phone, think about getting them a Portable Charger!
I have an Anker portable charger and I love it! You can charge anything! It charges two things at once and you can get 4 or more full charges! They are sturdy little things! I will be buying my girls one for Christmas, because they always take mine! I found mine on Amazon; they range in price from $15.00 to $60.00!
10. Lego Friends! For some reason, my girls are obsessed with them. They have purple and pink colors and pretty much an entire town comes in a box. My girls play with them for HOURS and keep asking for more and more! They are in most stores and range in price, as you can buy them in sets or individual pieces.
11. Kidizoom Smartwatch! My girls have been begging for one. It's basically an adult smart watch for kids! The watch features a touch screen, games, camera, video, voice changing effect… you name it, the watch has got it! This ranges in price up to $60.00! I have seen most of them on Amazon.
12. Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 Instant Camera! If you’re not ready to commit to buying a digital camera, (which they will probably break anyway) this camera is super cute and will take you back to the days of polaroids. You load the film, point and snap. Your kid will love seeing the mini Polaroid pop up and watch it develop. It doesn't take the place of a real camera, but it's a cute start! You can find them in many stores and run about $50.00 to $60.00.
This, my friends, is the Trufant girls’ 12 Gifts of Christmas, 2016!
Happy Holiday Shopping!